Thursday, March 7, 2013

I made a pet pouch

My cat always wants to jump into my arms when I come home...but it was frustrating because I didn't have any free hands to get things done around the house.  So, I had a free afternoon/evening and decided make the image in my head become a reality.
Had a piece of fabric that was the nativity scene.

Cut it into four panels....here are just two of the four panels.
Measured and made the straps out of the boarder.
Sewed the straps to the panels....I messed up the first time...very confusing trying to imagine what panel the criss-cross straps I was suppose to attach too.
Sewing the panels together.
Made the top and part of the side open so my cat could jump into the pouch.
Me wearing the pouch.  Next time I would make the pouch longer instead of wider.  Once I got my cat in the pouch I realized that I needed a way to close the open side...so I got buttons and ribbon....could change in the future.
My cat loves being in the pouch!  He loves being carried around the house!
Just hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment