Thursday, March 21, 2013

A new toy for my classroom

Here I am using my ipad as a camera, then projecting that image onto my Smart Board using 'Airserver'.  Because my computer is hooked up to the Smart Board, I'm able to still use the Smart Board tools while using my i-pad in any area of the room!

This is for my spelling class where I can easily change books/words/worksheets and code the words with my kids.

We haven't bought a contraption to hold the i-pad....but thanks to pintrest I got this idea from someone else.  I asked the science department if I could borrow a stand...(don't know the official science term).  And I have clamped the i-pad and the book together.

Or if I have the words already in a program on my i-pad then I can just open any document.


Here I am able to pull apart those frequently misspelled words and write the strategies in different colors and shapes.

For reading comprehension I am able to show kids how to make margin notes.....to prepare them for college.
For Spanish, I can put the text book under the i-pad, put the i-pad in camera mode, and away we go.....break apart sentences so the students can comprehend and answer in Spanish.

Here you can see that I have a portable keyboard as well.

I can also put objects under the i-pad so they are 3d images.

And I can label all the items on my plate....next time I will use a white paper plate...:)

Tomorrow I will test this out when I have actual students in the room.  We all know....when the pressure is on.....that is when things have the greatest chance of falling apart.....I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I think you have greatly exceeded my ipad skills despite only having it for three months. You'll have to give me a tutorial this summer. :) And I loved the Florida pics!

    ReplyDelete