Monday, August 20, 2012

My new favorite store!!!

I am going to work here some day....or they might call the police wondering why this woman will not leave this store!  It is called  "Batteries Plus" and they are amazing!

My Cordless Air Mouse hadn't been used in several years.  So the rechargeable battery had died.  I called the mouse company and the person told me that they do not make the replacement batteries anymore.  I had to either buy a new device or break open the old battery compartment and put in new batteries...words like solder, break apart, and rewire....frightened me of this task and I set out to buy a new device.

After spending an hour trying to figure out which new device I wanted (and spending $60), I soon realized that the store did not sell me what I wanted!  I was so mad, and I decided to use that frustration towards breaking apart the old device's battery pack.

But then I was stuck...where do I get a solder gun and wires?  Luckily, my school maintenance told me of Batteries Plus.  Apparently, our school has old emergency lights that have battery packs so old, we can not order them anymore.  So our maintenance man goes to Batteries Plus and they make the battery packs.  Putting my "this is too good to be true" feelings aside, I headed to the store with my torn apart cordless mouse.

I entered the store and told my 'extremely' long story to one of the workers.  He said he could fix it and it would take 20 minutes.  I asked if I could watch...and decided to take pictures along the way.
The man gluing the new batteries together.

The man melting solder on the battery.

The work bench was right by the front door and there all all these cool toys....tools for them to change and manipulate batteries.  Amazing that they could take batteries, glue them together, add new wires, solder the wires to the batteries and only charged me $14.00 for the batteries!  I can't wait for these batteries to die so I can go back to this store!  Or maybe I'll just stop in to take more pictures....that wouldn't be too creepy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment