Monday, January 6, 2020

To A New Year

It's here.  A new year.  A new beginning.  One that doesn't have any new pain.....yet.  I went to Texas to spend time with family.  It made mom happy, though I think it was more the shopping high that made her smile so much.  Grampa was terrible and looks miserable.  I have got to put things in place so that is not me in my old age.
Everyone was sick; Montana, Ryan, Uncle Bill, Aunt Tracy, Uncle Steve, Garrett, Scottie, and Grampa. 
I think I made Beckham cry every day I was there.  I thought I could be like AJ and do a fun activity with the younger cousins.  I took Fin and Beck to Whataburger for breakfast and all was going great until the dreaded thought that I could take them to Target for Hot Wheels came out of my mouth.  Well, Beck and I had different ideas of how much I was going to spend.  And Fin was the only one who ended with a toy.  I later gave Beck $5 to put in his piggy bank.
Then the next day I set off the house alarm going into the garage to get a bottle of water.  This woke up the boys and the next think I know Beck is crying.  Turned out Scottie got sick in the middle of the night so their sledding trip to N.M. was cancelled.  Man....I tell you.  If this kept up I was going to have to stay a different family member's house.
Didn't see much of the kids after that.....ha. ha.

I did take Levi out to lunch at Burger King and that was very nice.  So, that might be my fun little outing in the future.  Going for lunch at a place of their choice.

Found the CUTEST Betsy Johnson dress at Dillards!  Pink, Sheer, Ruffles, Stretchy, and it has insects on it!  So much fun!  I can't wait to wear it to school. 

Rachel wants to take Aunt Tracy to Charlotte.  Thought that might be a fun girls trip.  Maybe there will be a fun tea place?  How many Charlottes' are there in the States?  Maybe I should look that up first so we are all on the same page.

A new year.  You are not forgotten.  You are in every one of my smiles, giggles, and shopping trips.  Even though we are creating new memories you are there in our hearts, thoughts, and breath.  My tears will not be few; Love demands it.  I love you with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment