Monday, June 20, 2016

My new classroom is a sad state of affairs

How can we have an equitable education when my Title 1 Reading Intervention classroom has just a homemade dry erase board, video projector and two chalk boards?  Reading intervention rooms across the US should be set up with SMART boards, standing desks, rolling carts, I-pads, mason boards, ELMOs, cameras, comfortable seating, space to move, and books upon books that represent the different cultures that make this country so beautiful.  I have two projects on Donors Choose, applied for two Farmer's Insurance grants, and now a Go Fund me page.

With the help of others, I want a room that is going to be progressive, state of the art, real, engaging, empowering, and remediation focus so our Title 1 struggling readers have the equity when it comes to unlocking written language.

Please join me in this noble quest to for generations to come.

My Link:

https://www.gofundme.com/EquitableLiteracy

The Wilson FUNdation reading program I bought with my own money.

One chalkboard and the one dry erase board I found.

My interventions waiting to be put in their spots after summer cleaning.

The sad home made dry erase board.

I want to paint the green bulletin boards. And buy bean bags for the Read Aloud center.


No comments:

Post a Comment